CITY GIRL: This is why you need to experience Cape Town - Nairobi News - 11 months ago, 11 Maý 17:41
My early struggles as a budding scholar trying to find her way around academia finally paid off sometime this week when I found myself in Cape Town to present a research paper at my first ever academic conference.
Forgive my long sentences, readers, that is what tireless academic writing tends to corrupt a once creative mind.
I shall not bore my long suffering readers with details of the conference — it was just a bunch of scholars who couldn’t agree on the way future of the media in the age of the tech giants, and a few budding scholars like me trying to keep up with some of the big names in my area of interest.
Fun fact: I was not yet convinced of my future in academia — but there still remains considerable room for convincing — perhaps in a year’s time the vagaries of the industry would have finally gotten into ...
Category: blogs news
Item ID: d78cd802-568c-4471-a344-5a5dbfc2d305
- newsPriority: 3.231
- calculatedNewsPriority: 191.781
- parsedURL: http://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/category/blog/
- name: blogs
- newsPriority: 2.021
- calculatedNewsPriority: 190.571
- parsedURL: http://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/
- name: news
- timeLastCalculatedUpdate: May 11, 2018 5:41:07 PM
- timeCreatedAsFromServer: May 11, 2018 5:41:07 PM
- timeUpdatedAsFromUser: Mar 21, 2019 11:49:54 PM
- timeCreatedAsFromUser: May 11, 2018 5:52:50 PM
- timeUpdatedAsFromServer: Mar 21, 2019 11:49:54 PM